Associations, Foundations and Endowments
Ascendient works with local associations and foundations on a wide variety of healthcare matters. These include strategy; advocacy and education research; evaluation of essential access, services and provider gaps.
Our work in this space includes:
- Coastal Carolinas Health Alliance – Our efforts include strategic planning and M&A for this consortium of stakeholders as they explored options for healthcare services after the hospital in this rural South Caroline community closed.
- The Duke Endowment – Our work includes evaluating the performance of small and rural hospitals, including disparities between high and low performers; and designing the ideal complement of health services based on community size, geography, physician access, and proximity to other services.
- In conjunction with the NC Office of Rural Health, we completed strategy work for a consortium of stakeholders related to rural healthcare in North Carolina.
- The North Carolina Healthcare Association (formerly North Carolina Hospital Association)
- The Carolinas Center for Hospice and End of Life Care (the hospice association for NC and SC)